Sunday, April 4, 2010

5 Years.



The Mrs. and I enjoyed a fifth anniversary. I think we started off with grandiose plans like traveling to an adjacent city for some wining, dinning and fun. As it turns out, like I mentioned in my facebook post, we started off the day with doing our taxes. Adding, subtracting, and itemizing was never more frustrating as we wanted to save what was left with rest of our day. I suppose we could have done taxes some other day, but we are a very forgetful married couple. We did not get done till 4 p.m, so, so much for Jerome (a pretty groovy hippy town we were going to go to). We decided to go bowling instead. It was actually a lot of fun. Then we went to Total Wine, where they were sampling some of their employee picks that day.  We took home a Dr. Heidemans Reisling, the Spatlese.... in fact I'm drinking it right now. AHHHH, good stuff. Then we decided to end the night with a dinner at a seafood restaurant, because I know how much Cindi really likes her steamed clams.  I was a good time considering our original plans fell through. The cool thing about it I think is that we never really let stuff like that bother us too much, even if it was particularly important or had a great deal of planning go into it. I suppose that is where we are kindred spirits and truly lose ourselves to one another, like nothing else really matters, and have a good laugh about how nothing really went as planned, followed with an I love you. 

2 comments:

  1. thank you!. I see you have found my new blog. Come by as often as possible, I'll try to post more.

    ReplyDelete